What cookies are
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by online service providers in order to (for example) make their website or services work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide report ng information. Cookies set by the website owner or service provider (in this case, SMARTSTUDIO GROUP) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website or service you are using (such as advertising, interactive content and analytics). The third parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website or service in question and also when it visits certain other website or services.
Cookies served through SMARTSTUDIO GROUP
The specific types of first and third-party cookies served through our Website and the purposes they perform are described in further detail below:
- Essential Website Cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the website, you cannot refuse them without impacting how our website function. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, as described under the heading “How can I control cookies?” in the Cookie Statement.
- Performance and Functionality Cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our website but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
Analytics and Customization Cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our website are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our website and application for you in order to enhance your experience.
- Advertising (Targeting) Cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you and your interests. They also perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. For further information, see the section of the Cookie Statement entitled “Targeted online advertising”.
- Other tracking technologies: We and our third-party partners may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons, pixels (or “clear gifs”) and other tracking technologies. These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognise when someone has visited our Website or, in the case of web beacons, opened an e-mail that we have sent them. This allows us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our Website to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our Website from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, to serve targeted advertisements to you and others like you, to improve site performance, and to measure the success of marketing campaigns. While you may not have the ability to specifically reject or disable these tracking technologies, in many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly; accordingly, in those instances, declining cookies will impair the functioning of these technologies.
Targeted online advertising
How you can control cookies
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies.
- Disabling Most Interest Based Advertising: Most advertising networks offer you a way to opt-out of Interest Based Advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit here or here.
- Do Not Track: Some Internet browsers –like Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari– include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” or “DNT” signals. Since uniform standards for “DNT” signals have not been adopted, our Website do not currently process or respond to “DNT” signals. SMARTSTUDIO GROUP takes privacy and meaningful choice seriously and will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard. To learn more about “DNT”, please visit All About Do Not Track.
Cookie Statement’s Updates
Last update: October 26, 2019